We have an active Parent Committee for the Early Learning Center that meets monthly. Co-Presidents Karen Niebrugge and Kelly McLeod would love to welcome you to join the group. All parents and guardians are welcome. Please contact Karen or Kelly for more information.
The Committee supports the ELC in the following ways:
- We provide feedback to Susan regarding ELC policies and programs.
- We lead fundraising efforts for the ELC. Last year our direct giving campaign raised nearly $34,000 for scholarships, garden/playground maintenance, and the new classroom floors. We also coordinate restaurant nights, collect box tops, and have a book fair to support our fundraising efforts.
- We coordinate social/community building activities for ELC families. Be on the lookout for classroom meetups, age-based activities, neighborhood get-togethers, and new family welcome events throughout the year.
- We support classroom learning by encouraging parent participation in classroom activities and coordinating special experiences. (Truck Day, anyone?)
- We support ELC teachers and staff by planning appreciation events throughout the year. Foster ELC has the best teachers and we want them to know how much we appreciate all they do for our kiddos!
There are numerous ways to get involved. Please visit the following link to view open opportunities and to sign up to be a Room Parent for your child’s classroom.
SAVE THE DATES
September 6 - Parent Committee Meeting, 7pm
September 12 - Kindergarten Information Night, 6:30pm
Cheers to a new school year!